Board member discusses curriculum impact
KnowledgeContext is dedicated to improving young people's understanding of the
context of technology. We give them the tools to think about technology by:
- giving them a framework to evaluate technology that influences their lives
- showing them how people invent, develop and influence technology
- showing them how technology connects to what they study
KnowledgeContext values a relevant and inspiring education for all young
people. Our vision is of students understanding the patterns of technology in
our lives, thereby preparing them to understand, apply, and innovate the
technology of tomorrow.
The decisions and actions of KnowledgeContext are guided by the following
- Our primary mission is to improve technological literacy among school age
children, and all our resources are continually committed to accomplishing
- We believe that pursuit of this mission represents an expression of our
individual talents and gifts, so we are committed to involving those people
who would benefit from this expression and to structuring their roles to
support that fulfillment.
- We are committed to quality in every aspect of our work and strive to
always exceed the expectations of the communities, the schools, students,
teachers, supporters and team members.
- We conduct our activities with integrity, honesty, openness, and fairness.
- We acknowledge that our staff, directors and associates are our greatest
resource, and we are committed to educating, supporting and empowering them
to do the best job possible and rewarding them appropriately.
- We are wise and prudent stewards of our resources.
We consider how our actions affect the local and global environments, and
strive to minimize our demands on natural resources.